Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Starfish Updates

Hello Starfish Families,

I hope you enjoyed the beautiful long weekend.  It was nice to hold onto a few more days of summer!  The kids had a wonderful transition back to school today.  I was amazed how well the kids transitioned back into our morning routines!  They were a bit tired today after a long weekend and I'm sure the hot muggy temperatures in our classroom did not help! Please remember to pack your child with a water bottle tomorrow.  We do encourage a lot of water breaks on these hot school days!

Please note that picture day is September 17th, not September 10th!  I apologize for the mix of dates!

I hope to see you at our Curriculum Night on September 10th at 6:30.

Here are some questions to ask your child to promote a home-school connection:
1. Can you tell me who sits at your table?
2. Who do you like playing with at recess?
3. What does it mean to be a bucket filler?
4. What are kindness strips?  How do you earn one in the starfish class?
5. How do you play Back to School Bump (math game)?
6. Can you tell me about Bug Under the Rug?
7. What is a brain break?
8. What did you do in music today?
9. What's your favorite food to eat for snack at school?
10. Can you tell me who Melvin Beederman?  What is his superhero weakness?

Have a great week! See you on Thursday!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment